With a strong belief in giving back through education, Richard Carbotti brings an over 30 year teaching career (kindergarten through graduate level) with him to his lectures, sharing countless design related insights and experiences. Sharing ideas and information is something that each member of PSI regards as an essential part of their own growth as a professional. It is with great enthusiasm and passion that we present across the country, spreading knowledge we have gained and the many things that inspire our designs and daily operations.
PSI offers a variety of different topics and promises to engage our audiences with hundreds of visuals and frequent anecdotes. PSI is available for hire for educational presentations internationally, and can be seen annually at many of the major industry conferences and tradeshows. PSI is proud and honored to have presented for numerous ISES chapters, MPI, NACE, ARA, numerous colleges and universities, and perhaps most notably, The Special Event Tradeshow and Conference, The Event Solutions Idea Factory Conference, and ISES Eventworld. PSI looks forward to the opportunity to shed light on some of the many things that will take your events to the next level.
Perfect Surroundings would like to stress their members’ involvement in lectures and presentations worldwide. From Japan to Vancouver, Perfect Surroundings has offered lectures and speaking engagements for thousands of people with a variety of different focuses. These custom services can be tailored to almost any interest, are available for hire with flexible costs and timeframes, and need not necessarily be limited to individuals or groups already involved in the special event/hospitality industry. In fact, both Richard and Jordan Carbotti have been given the opportunity to work with Sixth Star Entertainment, and are speaking to passengers sailing around the world about home entertainment, space planning, and eclectic homes…to name a few subjects! With almost three decades of experience, Perfect Surroundings demonstrates a wealth of knowledge second to none, and an unrivaled enthusiasm for teaching and sharing with others their secrets of the trade-from concept development to final production and everything that happens in between. Please scroll down to view a list of some speaking highlights from years past.
• 2014 Speaker for ISES Live Seattle
• 2014 Speaker for Event Solutions Conference and Tradeshow
• 2014 Speaker for The Special Event
• International cruise line speaker for Sixth Star Entertainment – Visual, event, graphic, interior, spatial design and production
• 2006 -Special Events Magazine “Giants of the Industry” panel member (Dallas, TX) – Giants of the Industry
• Keynote speaker for ISES conference, San Francisco, CA – Concept Development
• Keynote speaker for Midwestern MPI (Meeting Planners International) conference, Indianapolis, Indiana – Logistics and Production
• Keynote speaker for American Rental Association, Las Vegas
• Speaker for northwestern region ISES cruise conference, Mexico – Challenges and Obstacles of Event Production
• Speaker at ISES cruise conference, Florida-Bahamas – Art of Detail
• Twice a speaker for ISES New England, Boston, MA
• NACE (National Association of Catering Executives) speaker in Atlanta, Washington, DC, New Orleans
– Integrating special events with food presentation
• 10+ time speaker for The Special Event Magazine in four categories – Rental, Event Design, Event Production, Logistics
(San Diego, Las Vegas, Miami Beach, Dallas, New Orleans, Washington, DC., Phoenix, AZ)
• 1999-2004 Event Solutions Magazine conference speaker (Baltimore, St. Louis, Miami, San Diego, Washington, DC, Dallas)
– Working with non-profits, design development
• MPI speaker, Boston, NYC, Columbus, Ohio
• 2002 Speaker for Preservation Society for Newport County, Newport, RI
– Flowers and Special events